N. A. Sinitsyn,
US Provisional Patent Application No. 61/598,655, entitled ‘Safe Protocol for Controlling Power Consumption by a Heterogeneous Population of Loads’, filed on 2/14/2012
50. S. Kundu and N. Sinitsyn,
Safe Protocol for Controlling Power Consumption by a Heterogeneous Population of Loads,
Proceed. American Control Conference, Montreal, 1-6, 2012.
49. N. Sinitsyn and S. Kundu and S. Backhaus,
Safe protocols for generating power pulses with heterogeneous populations of thermostatically controlled loads,
Energy Conversion and Management, 67 (0): 297-308, 2013.
A. Giani and R. Bent,
Addressing Smart Grid Cyber Security, CSIIRW, 2013.
47. C. Barrows, S. Blumsack, and R. Bent,
Using Network Metrics to Achieve Computationally
Ecient Optimal Transmission Switching, HICSS 2013.
46. R. Lee, D. Wolpert, J. Bono, S. Backhaus, R. Bent, and B. Tracey, Counter-
Factual Reinforcement Learning: How to Model Decision-Makers That Anticipate The Future, Making with Imperfect Decision Makers, T. V. Guy, M. Karny, and D. H. Wolpert (eds.), Springer, to
45. V. Frolov, M. Chertkov, S. Backhaus, Reinforcing Power Grid Transmission with FACTS Devices, in preparation.
44. C. Duclut, M. Chertkov, S. Backhaus, Hysteresis, Phase Transitions and Dangerous Transients in Power Distribution Systems, in preparation.
43. D. Bienstock, M. Chertkov, S. Harnett, Chance Constrained Optimal Power Flow: Risk-Aware Network Control under Uncertainty, in preparation.
42. F. Dorfler, M. R. Jovanovic, M. Chertkov, and F. Bullo, Sparse and Optimal Wide-Area Damping Control in Power Networks, submitted to the 2013 American Control Conference.
41. K. Dvijotham, S. Backhaus, M. Chertkov, Distributed Control of Generation in Transmission Grid with High Penetration of Renewables, invited at the IEEE SmartGrid Comm 2012: Symp. on Architectures and Models for the Smart Grid.
40. V. Gomez, M. Chertkov, S. Backhaus, H.J. Kappen, Learning Price-Elasticity of Smart Consumers in Power Distribution Systems, invited at the IEEE SmartGrid Comm 2012: Symp. on Architectures and Models for the Smart Grid.
39. F. Dorfler, M. Chertkov and F. Bullo, Synchronization in Complex Oscillator Networks and Smart Grids, arxiv:1208.0045.
38. D. Wang, K. Turitsyn, and M. Chertkov, DistFlow ODE: modeling, analyzing and controlling long distribution feeder, proceedings of IEEE/CDC12.
37. F. Dorfler, M. Chertkov and F. Bullo, Synchronization Assessment in Power Networks and Coupled Oscillators, proceedings of IEEE/CDC12.
36. M. Chertkov, I. Kolokolov, V. Lebedev, Tail-constraining stochastic linear-quadratic control: large deviation and statistical physics approach, to appear in JSTAT.
35. K. Dvijotham, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov, Operations-Based Planning for Placement and Sizing of Energy Storage in a Grid With a High Penetration of Renewables, arxiv:1107.1382.
34. C. Barrows, R. Bent, S. Blumsack, Computationally Efficient Optimal Transmission Switching: Solution Space Reduction, IEEE PES 2012.
33. A. Giani, R. Bent, M. Hinrichs, M. McQueen, K. Poolla, Metrics for Assessment of Smart Grid Data Integrity Attacks, IEEE PES 2012.
32. C. Coffrin, P. van Hentenryck, and R. Bent, Approximating Line Losses and Apparent Power in AC Power Flow Linearizations, IEEE PES 2012.
31. E. Ben-Naim and P.L. Krapivsky, Dynamics of Random Graphs with Bounded Degree, Journal of Statistical Mechanics, P11008, 2011.
30. R. Lee, D. Wolpert, S. Backhaus, R. Bent, J. Bono, and B. Tracey, Modeling Humans as Reinforcement Learners: How to Predict Human Behavior in Multi-Stage Games, 25th Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing
Systems, Workshop on Decision Making with Multiple Imperfect Decision Makers, Granda, Spain, December 2011.
29. R. Bent, A. Berscheid, and L. Toole,
Transmission Network Expansion Planning with
Complex Power Flow Models, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 27 (2): 904-912, 2012.
28. F. Pan R. Bent, and A. Berscheid
Online Dynamic Scheduling Charging PHEVs in V2G, IEEE PES 2012.
27. R. Bent and G. Loren Toole,
Grid Expansion Planning for Carbon Emissions Reduction, IEEE PES 2012.
26. S. Backhaus and Y. Liu, Wave Green's Function Estimation from Ambient Electrical Grid Frequency Noise, HICCS 2012 ,arxiv:1108.1804.
25. F. Milano and M. Anghel,
Impact of Time Delays on Power System Stability , Transactions on Circuits and Systems 59 (4), pages 889-900, 2012.
24. K. Dvijotham, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov, Operations-Based
Planning for Placement and Sizing of Energy Storage in a Grid With a High Penetration of Renewables, arxiv:1107.1382.
23. M. Chertkov, S. Backhaus, K. Turtisyn, V. Chernyak and V. Lebedev,
Voltage Collapse and ODE Approach to Power Flows: Analysis of a Feeder Line with Static Disorder in Consumption/Production, arxiv:1106.5003.
22. R. Pfitzner, K. Turitsyn, M. Chertkov , Controlled Tripping of Overheated Lines
Mitigates Power Outages, submitted to IEEESmartGridComm 2011, arxiv:1104.4558.
21. M. Chertkov, M. Stepanov, F. Pan, and R. Baldick , Exact and Efficient Algorithm to Discover Stochastic Contingencies in Wind Generation over Transmission Power Grids , invited session on Smart Grid Integration of Renewable Energy: Failure
analysis, Microgrids, and Estimation at CDC/ECC 2011, arxiv:1104.0183.
20. K. Turitsyn, S. Backhaus, M. Ananyev and M. Chertkov ,
Smart Finite State Devices: A Modeling Framework for Demand Response Technologies ,
invited session on Demand Response at CDC/ECC 2011, arxiv:1103.2750.
19. S. Kundu, N. Sinitsyn, S. Backhaus, and I. Hiskens
Modeling and control of thermostatically controlled loads ,
17th Power Systems Computation Conference 2011,
18. R. Bent, A. Berscheid, and L. Toole , Generation and Transmission Expansion Planning for Renewable Energy Integration , Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC) 2011.
17. R. Bent and W.B. Daniel , Randomized Discrepancy Bounded Local Search for Transmission Expansion Planning , IEEE PES 2011.
16. P. van Hentenryck, C. Coffrin, and R. Bent , Vehicle Routing for the Last Mile of Power System Restoration , Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC) 2011.
15. R. Pfitzner, K. Turitsyn, and M. Chertkov ,
Statistical Classification of Cascading Failures in Power Grids , arxiv:1012.0815,
IEEE PES 2011.
14. S. Kadloor and N. Santhi ,
Understanding Cascading Failures in Power Grids , arxiv:1011.4098
submitted to IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids.
13. N. Santhi and F. Pan ,
Detecting and mitigating abnormal events in large scale networks: budget constrained placement on smart grids , proceedings of HICSS44, Jan 2011.
12. P. Sulc, K. Turitsyn, S. Backhaus and M. Chertkov ,
Options for Control of Reactive Power by Distributed Photovoltaic Generators,
Proceedings of the IEEE, 99 (6), 1063-1073 (2011), special issue on Smart Grid;
11. F. Pan, R. Bent, A. Berscheid, and D. Izrealevitz ,
Locating PHEV Exchange Stations in V2G,
arXiv:1006.0473, IEEE SmartGridComm 2010
10. K. S. Turitsyn, N. Sinitsyn, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov,
Robust Broadcast-Communication Control of Electric Vehicle Charging,
arXiv:1006.0165, IEEE SmartGridComm 2010
9. K. S. Turitsyn, P. Sulc, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov,
Local Control of Reactive Power by Distributed Photovoltaic Generators,
arXiv:1006.0160, IEEE SmartGridComm 2010
8. M. Chertkov, F. Pan and M. Stepanov,
Predicting Failures in Power Grids: The Case of Static Overloads ,
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids 2, 150 (2010);
7. K. S. Turitsyn,
Statistics of voltage drop in radial distribution circuits: a dynamic programming approach,
arXiv:1006.0158, IEEE SIBIRCON 2010
6. J. Johnson and M. Chertkov,
A Majorization-Minimization Approach to
Design of Power Transmission Networks,
49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (2010).
5. K. Turitsyn, P. Sulc, S. Backhaus and M. Chertkov,
Distributed control of reactive power flow in a radial distribution circuit with high photovoltaic penetration,
selected for super-session at IEEE PES General Meeting 2010
4. R. Bent, A. Berscheid, and G. Loren Toole,
Transmission Network Expansion Planning with Simulation Optimization,
Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2010), July 2010, Atlanta, Georgia.
3. L. Toole, M. Fair, A. Berscheid, and R. Bent,
Electric Power Transmission Network Design for Wind
Generation in the Western United States: Algorithms,
Methodology, and Analysis ,
Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Power Engineering Society Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition (IEEE TD 2010), April 2010, New Orleans, Louisiana.
2. L. Zdeborova, S. Backhaus and M. Chertkov,
Message Passing for Integrating and Assessing Renewable Generation in a Redundant
Power Grid, presented at HICSS-43, Jan. 2010,
1. L. Zdeborova, A. Decelle and M. Chertkov,
Message Passing for Optimization and Control of Power Grid: Toy Model of Distribution with Ancillary Lines,
Phys. Rev. E 80 , 046112 (2009)