Dr. Ricardo A. Lebensohn
1. Reviewer of journal articles: For the following international journals: Acta Materialia; Scripta Materialia; Philosophical Magazine; Modelling and Simulation in Material Science and Engineering; Nature; Journal of Applied Crystallography; Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids; Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A; Material Science and Engineering; International Journal of Solids and Structures; Journal of Materials Science; Journal of Nuclear Materials; Computational Materials Science; Archives of Mechanics; Mechanics of Materials; Computers, Materials and Continua; Journal of Applied Physics; Applied Physics Letters; European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids; International Journal of Plasticity; Computational Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering; Journal of ASTM International; Journal of Materials Research; Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (JOM); Journal of Applied Mechanics; Procedia IUTAM; International Journal of Engineering Science; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering; Proceedings of the French National Academy of Sciences (CRAS) Mechanics; Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; ASME Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology; Materials Research Letters; The Cryosphere.
2. Member of Editorial Board: International Journal of Plasticity.
3. Guest Editorial Activities: Guest Editor of the special issue: "Polycrystal Modeling with Experimental Integration", Modeling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, January 2012.
4. Reviewer of Research Proposals and Activities: For the following agencies: USA: National Science Foundation (NSF), Stewardship Science Academic Alliances Program (SSAAP), Army Research Office (ARO), Nuclear Energy University Programs (NEUP); France: National Research Agency (ANR); Argentina: National Agency of Promotion of Science and Technology (ANPCyT), National Research Council (CONICET); South Africa: National Research Foundation (NRF); Chile: National Fund for Scientific and Technological Development (FONDECYT); Belgium: Flanders Research Foundation (FWO); Switzerland: Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF).
5. Evaluation Panels: "Materials: Discovery Science to Strategic Applications", Science/Engineering Advisory Panel (SAP), LDRD Program, LANL (2011); "Computational and Numerical Methods" Review Team, LDRD Program (2014); "Trinity Science" Review Team, LDRD Program (2015); "Matter in Extremes", Subject Matter Expert, LDRD Program (2015).
6. Advisory Board: Theory, Modelling and Computation (TMC) Board of Directors, for LANL's Matter-Radiation Interactions in Extremes (MaRIE) future Light Source experimental facility, since 2015.
7. Search Committees: Member of LANL's Center for Non-Linear Studies (CNLS) Director Search Committee, 2014; MST-8 Group Leader Search Committee, 2014.
8. Symposia Organizer: Computational homogenization of single and multi-phase polycrystalline aggregates, IV European Congress on Computational Mechanics, Paris, May 2010; Polycrystal modelling with experimental integration, 2011 TMS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA, February 2011; Multiscale modeling of polycrystalline materials. European Solids Mechanics Conference, Madrid, Spain, July 2015; Thematic Session Chair, Computational Solid Mechanics, 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ICTAM 2016), Montreal, Canada, August 2016.
9. Scientific Committees: International Congress on 3D Materials Science (3DMS 2014, Annecy, France, 2014; 3DMS 2016, St. Charles, IL, USA, 2016); International Workshop on Computational Mechanics of Materials (IWCMM24, Getafe, Spain, 2014; IWCMM25, Bochum, Germany, 2015).
10. PhD and Habilitation Committees: Universite de Aix-Marseille, France; Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France; Ecole Centrale de Lille, France; Queen's University, Canada; Katholieke Universteit Leuven, Belgium; Universite de Nice, France; Universite de Montpellier, France; Carnegie-Mellon University; Caltech; RWTH Aachen University; Universite de Lorraine, France; Purdue University.
11. Faculty/Scientist Promotion Evaluation: Universidad Nacional de Rosario (Argentina); Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique (CEA) (France); National Fund for Scientific Research (FSR-FNRS) (Belgium); Purdue University (USA); University of Thessaly (Greece).